He thinks that maybe not everyone likes pink cookies (to which I say, who are these crazy people & should we invite them to our wedding?!). Maybe other cookies should be present. Maybe, just maybe, there should be no. cookies. at. all. Wha?! Karen did give us some other options to noodle:
1. Cuppin cakes. This is the idea I like the most. New Frontiers, the vegan-friendly store in town, & KP (a parent and their baker) makes the best baked goods! They'll be making our small carrot cake to cut. We can get "junior" cupcakes for about $1.30 each (& the regular size feeds 2 people). However, with around 160-ish guests that makes for about $208 without tax. Yowzahs! Pink cookies are around $80; $160 if we go crazy & do 2 cookies each.
2. Cheesecake bar. Thornager's will make cheesecake & put scoops into bar glasses. Then they'll set out all sorts of toppings, like different berries & sauces. Everyone can make their own type of cheesecake. Michael LOVES cheesecake, so this is a good choice. I don't know their cost, though.
3. Cookie & Ice Cream variety. We can get all sorts of different cookies -- maybe from New Frontiers (the chocolate chip & snickerdoodles are amazing) & possibly include the coveted pink cookie. Then add some ice cream so people can have a cookie AND ice cream. This'll still probably be on the less expensive end because we can buy any old ice cream.
So people (the 3 or 4 of you who read this) what do you think? Which yummies would you like to have? Should we splurge on the cupcakes & take money from some other part of our budget? Or should I stay true to my long-fantasized-about pink cookie extravaganza?
PS: Here is our bitchin cake stand that is sitting in our other room & I really, REALLY want to use!! It's got real twigs! My "outside-is-inside-and-looks-like-something" vision is really coming together (in a vague sort of way)
4 comments:
Omg. Pink cookies rock my world. I support you 100%. Cheesecake comes in second.
As someone who isn't a big proponent of Cheesecake (in large doses) I have to admit that that Cheesecake Bar sounds the best (unless it's really expensive. In that case it's terrible!)
While I do love those pink cookies, I don't think I could survive on just one or two. When I go to weddings, I go with the resolve to gorge myself on sugary goodness.
"rulness"
1. adj. Describing someone's ability to rule over a nation in a positive way.
"That Queen Elizabeth II has some serious rulness going on."
2. n. An excessive amount of rules.
"Have you read the Bill of Rights? That's way too much rulness for me to memorize! What is that Mrs. Till thinking?"
Post script. Like how I made you Mrs. Till? :)
Post post script. Like how this is the longest comment EVER?
pink cookies!!!
i say pink cookies and cheesecake bar - from mommy the splurger!!!
Post a Comment