countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, May 11, 2009

anal. retentive.

wedding planning begins in such a frenzy of excitement & "huzzah!" that you kind of loose your mind for a while. for about 6 weeks or so i was consumed by everything: the date, the place, the guest list, the way it should look, the dress, etc, etc, etc. it was exciting, but also overwhelming. i mentally willed myself to calm down and not fixate, but of course it didn't work. i was dreaming about wedding details. i'm sure michael was dreaming about getting un-engaged :)

and then, one beautiful day, i stumbled across another bride's planning on the internet. and you know what that wonderful woman had? timelines. lots of pretty, colorful, organized powerpoint slides of timelines. it was glorious! birds were singing to me!!

and so, for the past 2 weeks or so, i've put aside aimlessly scrolling the internet every time a wedding detail popped into my head only to be immediately distracted by something completely unrelated (looking up wedding favors would end in trying to track down unique ceremony quotes). i began to make my own lists, timelines, charts, and calendars. it has been the single best thing that has happened during the planning. here're some examples:


the calendars are my favorite, because they let me say "today, molly, you will ONLY worry about the invitations." or "i've got only a week left to finish that damn registry!!" plus it lets me see what's going on in my real life and hopefully keeps me balanced.

so now you all know my dirty little anal retentive secrets (and this doesn't even talk about all my Excel Spreadsheets!!!"

3 comments:

Ashley Skelnik said...

That is pretty freaking sweet, Smolls. However, one thing has me worried: Why are you mailing "std's"? That's not very nice. I mean, imagine opening up a letter from your favorite cousin only to find you just got the Herp?

dautin, verb, playing BINGO in the 'Hood.
ex. "Girl, he be callin' B15 and I be dautin' this card. You know it! Mmhmm!"

PS. I know "std's" means "save the date's". I didn't want to ruin the joke, but I also didn't want you to have to write back to explain ;)

Anonymous said...

The calendars are great, I especially like that you had to actually plan a date in July to figure out Michael's attire. Make him look like the handsome young man he is. Do you think you can coerce (sp?) him to get a real haircut close to the wedding?

LouAnn

Molly and Molly said...

I have been clandestinely monitoring his hair growth every time he buzzes his head to see at what point it looks the best. Then I'll just tell him the best time to buzz his hair :)